Over the last five years, Indiana University has made changes to its Sorority and Fraternity policies and programming to make campus safer, including:
- Elimination of hard alcohol at Sorority and Fraternity social events
- Required guest lists for all events that involve alcohol.
- Creation of a required Event Monitor Training for sorority and fraternity members.
- Required professional live-in resident advisors for all housed chapters.
- Educational programing focused on drugs and alcohol, sexual violence prevention, and bystander intervention.