Sorority and Fraternity Judicial Board
The SFL J-Board is a board of undergraduate sorority and fraternity students, representing the four Greek councils, who adjudicate cases of sorority and fraternity organization misconduct that occur on or off Indiana University property. As designated by the Office of Student Conduct, the board meets with sorority and fraternity organizations who have alleged policy violations through the university’s educational conduct process to determine responsibility for code violations and develop individualized action plans. The SFL J-Board is a peer accountability process, in which board members consider the safety and security of the Indiana University community, individualized education, the mission of Indiana University, and the core values of the Office of Student Conduct and the Office of Sorority and Fraternity Life, while determining the outcome of organization cases. If needed, members of the SFL J-Board may also serve as the student panelist for cases involving non-sorority and fraternity organizations, as well as for formal administrative conferences for sorority and fraternity organizations. Individual SFL J-Board members are not involved in adjudicating cases that involve their own chapter.
The SFL J-Board meets on Fridays during the academic year. Board members may be expected to serve on Formal Administrative Conference panels, which are scheduled on a case-by-case basis. When student panelists are needed for Formal Administrative Conference panels, priority selection for this student panelist role is given to board members who belong to the same council as the organization who is alleged of violations. All applicants are required to attend mandatory training.
Eligibility requirements for interested applicants are as follows:
- Applicants must be an initiated member of a recognized fraternity/sorority at IU
- Applicants must be in good academic and disciplinary standing with the University and with their individual S/F organization at the time of the application, and must maintain this status throughout the calendar year for which they serve as a panelist
- Applicants must be enrolled in classes at IU-Bloomington throughout the calendar year for which they serve as a panelist
- Applicants must currently hold or have previously held an elected or appointed position in their respective council or their chapter
- Applicants cannot serve as a Council or Chapter President while simultaneously serving on the SFL J-Board
For more information about the Sorority and Fraternity Judicial Board please contact firstname.lastname@example.org