Named in honor of University Chancellor Emeritus Kenneth R. R. Gros Louis, this scholarship is awarded each spring to an Indiana University Bloomington student who demonstrates academic excellence, leadership in student activities, and a distinguished record of service as a good university citizen.
Honoring academic excellence, leadership, and service
Contact Teresa Weimann, Assistant Director of Student Involvement and Leadership, at 812-855-3327 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about the scholarship.
To be eligible to apply for the Kenneth R. R. Gros Louis Scholarship, you must:
- Have junior standing during the academic year in which you apply
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.8 or higher
How to apply
To apply for the Kenneth R. R. Gros Louis Scholarship, you must complete the online application.Apply Here
Deadline is Monday, March 22, 2021 at 11:59pm
Required application materials, which you will upload to the online application form, include:
- A one-page statement about your educational background, interests, and short- and long-term goals
- General Scholarship application must be submitted, it should include information you have listed on your resume like academic achievements, extracurricular activities, campus and community services and any honors or awards you have received.
Letters of recommendation
When you fill out the online application, you will provide contact information for three people who will write letters of recommendation for you.
Letters from IU faculty, administrative staff, and employers are preferred. The letters should address your:
- Academic success
- Student leadership on campus
- Service at the local, regional, and/or national levels