We know that sometimes students experience challenges that affect their ability to be successful at Indiana University. A Care Referral is an easy way to request help with an issue or concern, especially if you don’t know which office or department to contact.Submit a Care Referral
Get help for yourself or someone else
Care TeamStudent Care and Resource Center
Indiana Memorial Union
Lobby Level, next to Biddle Hotel lobby
- Phone: 812-856-CARE (2273)
- Email: email@example.com
If it's an emergency
Please be aware that the Care Referral system is not monitored 24 hours a day. If you have a life-threatening emergency, call 911.
Who can submit a Care Referral?
Anyone who is concerned about the safety or well-being of an IU student—including parents, IU faculty and staff, community members, and other students—can submit a confidential Care Referral about that person. If you are a student, you have the option of submitting a Care Referral to get help for yourself.
Anonymous referrals are accepted; however, an anonymous report may limit our ability to address issues.
What kind of help is available?
A Care Referral can be submitted to get help with:
- Academic or administrative issues (advising, attendance, grade appeals, financial aid concerns)
- Personal issues (relationship or family issues, adjustment to IU)
- Health or wellness issues (mental health concerns, substance abuse issues)
- Behavioral issues (disruptive behavior in class, sudden behavior change, conduct policy violations)
- Bias issues (harassment or discrimination)
What happens after a Care Referral is submitted?
You can expect to receive acknowledgment of your Care Referral during regular business hours within 48 hours of submitting it. It will be reviewed by the members of the Care Team in the Student Care and Resource Center, who will follow up with the student and connect them with appropriate support and resources. With the intention to protect the student's privacy, please understand that you may not learn the outcome of your Care referral submission.