Named in honor of University Chancellor Emeritus Kenneth R. R. Gros Louis, this scholarship is awarded each spring to an Indiana University Bloomington student who demonstrates academic excellence, leadership in student activities, and a distinguished record of service as a good university citizen.
Honoring academic excellence, leadership, and service
Contact Sara Ivey Lucas, assistant dean of students, at 812-855-8187 or email@example.com with questions about the scholarship.
To be eligible to apply for the Kenneth R. R. Gros Louis Scholarship, you must:
- Have junior standing during the academic year in which you apply
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.8 or higher
How to apply
To apply for the Kenneth R. R. Gros Louis Scholarship, you must complete the online application. The application for the 2019 scholarship has passed and the 2020 application will be available soon.
Required application materials, which you will upload to the online application form, include:
- A one-page statement about your educational background, interests, and short- and long-term goals
- A descriptive resume that includes information about your academics, extracurricular activities, campus and community service, and any honors or awards you have received
Letters of recommendation
When you fill out the online application, you will provide contact information for three people who will write letters of recommendation for you. The Office of the Dean of Students will contact your recommenders to provide instructions on how to submit their recommendations online.
Letters from IU faculty, administrative staff, and employers are preferred. The letters should address your:
- Academic success
- Student leadership on campus
- Service at the local, regional, and/or national levels