Follow these steps to request accommodations for your placement exams.
1. Find out if you’re eligible to receive accommodations
You can request accommodations for your placement exams if both of these statements are true:
- You have a diagnosed disability that affects your performance on timed tests.
- You receive exam accommodations at your current school or you received extended time on your SAT or ACT exam.
2. Reserve your spot at New Student Orientation
Before requesting accommodations, you should make your reservation for New Student Orientation. When you have reserved your spot, you can begin the process of requesting accommodations.Make your reservation
3. Submit your request for accommodations
To submit your request, complete the form on this page and upload your verification of prior accommodations. Your verification can be:
- A copy of the approval of extended time for the SAT or ACT OR
- A letter from your high school counselor or the disability services office at another postsecondary institution. The letter must include:
- Your full name and date of birth
- Type of disability and specific accommodations received in the past academic year
- The verifying official’s name, title, signature, phone number, and email address
- School name
Your request for accommodations must be submitted at least two weeks before the date on which you plan to take your placement exams.
If your accommodations are approved, a confirmation email will be sent to your IU account.
If you have questions or need to request modifications other than extended time on your placement exam, please contact our office at 812-855-7578 or firstname.lastname@example.org.