Student Organizations and IU Departments and Centers
If you are submitting a request on behalf of a student organization, the group must be registered on beINvolved, and you must be on that organization’s group roster on beINvolved.
If you are submitting a request on behalf of an IU department or center, you must be a full- or part-time employee on that department or center’s staff.
Before Submitting Your Event Registration Form
Before reserving space through Student Life and Learning, make sure you review the policy documents below:
Deadlines for Event Registration Forms
- Indoor Events: 10 business days (2 weeks) before event
- Outdoor-Tabling: at least 24 hours before event
- Outdoor-Small events: 10 business days (2 weeks) before event
- Outdoor-Medium events: 30 business days (6 weeks) before event
- Outdoor-Large Events (includes all Welcome Week, Homecoming, and Little 500 events)
- Fall Semester events: April 15th*
- Spring Semester events: November 15th*
*If the 15th is on a weekend or a major holiday, the deadline will fall on the next business day.
Please review the Event Planning Checklist for any applicable steps that may be relevant to your event preparation.
- Small Events: necessary items due 10 business days (2 weeks) before event
- Medium Events: necessary items due 15 business days (3 weeks) before event
- Large Events: preliminary checklist due with Event Registration Form
Outdoor Event Locations
If you’re interested in an outdoor event location, look over our map of reservable locations and then submit a reservation request online at the above link.
If you have any questions about space reservations at IU Bloomington, contact our space reservations staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or 812-855-4311.