Learn today, Lead tomorrow
The Student Involvement & Leadership Center can help you learn through action. We can connect you and other students to activities that promote civility, leadership, citizenship, and inclusion. We will help you succeed as a productive citizen and as a leader in a global society.
This system helps students find involvement opportunities across campus. Student organizations can update and manage their profile, roster, photo galleries, and event listings. This is THE place to start getting involved.
Important Changes to Student Organizations
The Division of Student Affairs conducted a review of all student organizations regarding the implementation of the IU Policy on Student Organizations (STU-01) and the classification of student organizations as University Student Organizations (USO) or Self-Governed Student Organizations (SGSO).
- University Student Organizations (USO) serve an essential function or provide a certain opportunity for a school or department and are considered operating units of the University.
- Self-Governed Student Organizations (SGSO) are student-led, independent entities or independent associations of individual students. They are free to exist or disband at any time and IU does not supervise, direct, or control the activities of the organization.
All student organizations on campus have been reviewed and will be classified this semester. Student organization leaders and their advisors have been notified of their classification via email.
Additionally, Student Organization Accounts will be closing by April 30th. All student organizations must close their Student Organization Accounts by this date.
The Student Involvement & Leadership Center is hosting SGSO Info Sessions to provide additional information on the changes:
- March 20, Whittenberger Auditorium, 12:00 - 1:15 pm
- March 20, Whittenberger Auditorium, 1:30 - 2:45 pm
- March 21, Whittenberger Auditorium, 6:00 - 7:15 pm
- March 21, Whittenberger Auditorium, 7:30 - 8:45 pm
All USOs will work with their school or department to address any changes to their processes and procedures.