The Office of Student Conduct (a unit of the Division of Student Affairs) supports student learning and personal growth through explicit partnerships with the university community that promote ethical development, personal reflection, social responsibility, and community outreach guided by the Indiana University Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities, and Conduct.
Our university community will be a place where individuals actively contribute to a safe educational environment, practice academic integrity, and resolve conflict peacefully.
- Care – we commit to enhancing the health and safety of the university community.
- Respect – we value civility, responsibility, and accountability to the community.
- Excellence – we strive for greatness and integrity within ourselves, with each other, and in our work.
- Equity – we act with fairness to promote individual rights within a just community.
- Dignity – we treat each university member as an individual and as a person of worth.
The Office of Student Ethics encourages you to maintain personal, academic, and sexual integrity. Using the Code of Conduct, we have outlined 5 learning outcomes of the student conduct experience.
Here, you should understand and articulate the expectations of the Indiana University Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities, and Conduct.
Impact on Personal Well Being
Success comes from maintaining a healthy well being, so the Office of Student Ethics will help you understand your ability to academically and socially succeed at Indiana University by creating this sense of being.
Impact on the University Community and/or Society
You will gain the ability to take responsibility for your personal actions or choices and decisions along with becoming invested in your personal learning experience.
You will learn how to understand and utilize community support networks and/or resources to move forward in the your recommitment to the Indiana Promise and the Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities, and Conduct.