Indiana University is dedicated to maintaining an environment that supports trust, respect, honesty, civility, free inquiry, creativity, and an open exchange of ideas. As a student, you play a key role in upholding these values. It’s important to remember that you are entitled to certain rights and freedoms, but you also have responsibilities to the campus community and must meet the university’s expectations for your behavior.
Strengthening our campus community
Office of Student ConductAlice McDonald Nelson Building
801 N. Eagleson Avenue
Bloomington, IN 47405
- Phone: 812-855-5419
- Fax: 812-855-4465
- Email: email@example.com
What IU expects of students
The IU Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities, and Conduct explains your rights and responsibilities as well as the university’s expectations for your behavior. We expect you to:
- Be ethical in your participation in the academic community
- Take responsibility for what you say and do
- Behave in a manner that is respectful of the dignity of others, treating others with civility and understanding
- Use university resources and facilities in appropriate ways consistent with their purpose and in accordance with applicable polices
Take the CREED
The Office of Student Conduct encourages all IU students to take the CREED:
- Care: Commit to enhancing the health and safety of the university community.
- Respect: Respect all members of the IU community. Be civil, responsible, and accountable to the community.
- Excellence: Strive for greatness and integrity within ourselves, with each other, and in our work.
- Equity: Act with fairness towards others and promote individual rights within our community.
- Dignity: Treat everyone you encounter as an individual and a person of worth.
When expectations aren’t met
Behavior that violates the Code or other IU policies is considered misconduct. The Office of Student Conduct investigates all allegations of student misconduct and oversees the campus judicial process, which aims to help students take responsibility for their actions, learn from poor choices, recommit to IU’s values, and move forward.Learn about the campus judicial process
IU takes allegations of misconduct very seriously. If you experience or witness an incident of misconduct, we encourage you to report it to the Office of Student Conduct.Learn how to report misconduct