Know Where to Get Help

There are resources on campus to answer questions about alcohol and drugs, find counseling, and help you help a friend or family member.

On Campus

OASIS is available for counseling on issues related to familial substance use, helping a friend, or simply if you have questions about alcohol or drugs. All services provided are solutions-focused and brief.

Contact our office at (812) 856-3898 and provide your student ID number.

Sessions to help a friend or family member are free of charge. All others are a one-time $25 fee, applied to your bursar bill.

OASIS can also provide workshops for your student organization, or help teach intervention skills if assisting a member with their alcohol and drug use.

Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
  • CAPS provides both individual and group counseling to individuals, and couples. Two FREE sessions per semester are included as part of your “IU health fee.”
  • “Conversations on Alcohol” is a brief, free, resource to explore your alcohol use. If you would like to decrease the amount you’re drinking, or have questions about your consumption, this is a service for you.
  • CAPS conducts 2 groups for those seeking to gain control over their substance use:  “Sobriety” and “Staying out of Trouble.”
  • If you need to speak with a counselor after hours, call and press “option 1.”
Sexual Assault Crisis Service

Get help.  If you or someone you know has been sexually assaulted, call the Sexual Assault Crisis Service line at (812) 855-8900 for immediate, free & confidential assistance.

It’s On Us.  

For more information about sexual misconduct and what you can do to prevent sexual violence at IUB, see:

Culture of Care

Hoosiers have the courage to care. Step UP!  Learn more about bystander intervention and how to help here:

Office of Student Ethics

Got a question about the conduct process on campus?  Contact the Office of Student Ethics at (812) 855-5419.

Student Legal Services

You have rights. Contact IUB Student Legal Services for free legal advice at (812) 855-7867.

Off Campus

Individual and group counseling, assessment, and psychiatric care.

Main Building: 645 S. Rogers St, Bloomington, IN 47403
(812) 339-1691

Community Center: 221 N. Rogers St, Bloomington, IN 47403
(812) 337-2424

Amethyst House

Outpatient services for addiction and problem gambling.
645 N. Walnut St., Bloomington, IN, 47404
(812) 336-3570

Indiana Prevention Resource Center (IPRC)

Part of the School of Public Health at IUB
501 N. Morton St., Suite 110, Bloomington, IN, 47404
(812) 855-1237