- Alcohol is the most misused drug in the USA, and the #1 acquaintance rape drug.
- Marijuana impairs the ability to vomit, increasing the risk of alcohol poisoning if combining alcohol and pot.
- 10% of people who use cocaine for the first time will progress to more serious, heavy use of the drug.
- It is impossible to know if any adulterants have been added to hallucinogens.
- Combining drugs with alcohol or other drugs can be harmful to your health, or even fatal. There are 2 drug interactions to be familiar with:
- Potentiation is the interaction between 2 drugs that act in the same direction. For example, the effects of alcohol and Xanax are multiplied, increasing the sedative effects of each drug.
- “Antagonistic” is a “tug-of-war” interaction between 2 drugs that act in opposite directions. For example, combining a depressant like alcohol with a stimulant like Adderall or cocaine.