Student Organization Little 500 Contest
Does your group have what it takes to be the IU Late Nite champion of this year’s Little 500?
The “IU Late Nite” committee challenges student organizations to demonstrate their vibrant culture by creating safe, late night alternative programming between the hours of 9pm and 2am every Thursday, Friday and Saturday, April 1st-April 17th.
A first, second, and third place winner will be announced on Wednesday, April 20th!
The goal of the IU Late Nite committee is to promote, incentivize, and provide resources to support students and staff hosting fun, alternative late night programming on campus.
- Events must be inclusive to ALL IUB students.
- Events can be held in the RPS Hoosier Dens (Foster and Read), or the IMU, or another on-campus location.
- Events must take place Thursday, Friday or Saturday evenings from 10pm-2am, between April 1st and April 17th, 2016.
- Your event will be judged on the following:
- Timely submission of event proposal
- Planning and implementation with venue contacts (including communication)
- Percentage of total organization membership in attendance
- Promotion and marketing plan & implementation of plan
- The creation of a welcoming environment for all IUB students during your event
- Once your plan is approved, you will be able to contact a venue host. Any group that contacts the venue host ahead of time will be disqualified.
- Student organizations must abide by Student Life and Learning’s event planning process: https://studentaffairs.indiana.edu/student-life-learning/space-reservations/student-organizations-and-departments.shtml
1 Grand Prize Winner will be able to choose 1 of 3 prizes:
- $500 to student organization SOA account from “IU Late Nite”
- $500 in food for your organization during finals week (Monday, May 2nd)
- $500 in sponsorship from “IU Late Nite” for a future event
2nd and 3rd Prize Winners will be featured on Social Media and the IU Late Nite Website.
Submit Your Event
Submit proposed event plan, including all logistics, to: email@example.com by March 7th at 12pm.
You will receive notification the same day if approved so can make contact with the venue host before spring break.
- Find another student organization to partner with, such as a cultural organization, or a fraternity or sorority. You can split winnings and make lasting relationships to benefit your group.
- Plan in advance and ask for help! The IU Late Nite committee is available if you need assistance.
- Pick a theme for your event. April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month, and Culture of Care week is April 4th-8th.
- Event proposals submitted by March 11th will be featured on social media using the hashtag #IULateNite
- Each event will be able to offer a prize for one participant. Gift Cards are available for distribution from the IU Late Nite Committee. (Amazon, Kohl’s, or Best Buy $100). Use sign-in sheet or other attendance tracker to record names/emails to provide a prize.
- Social Media Accounts: @IULateNite on Twitter and IU Late Nite on Facebook
- Read Hoosier Den: Morgan Chang (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Foster Hoosier Den: Brenda Amwayi (email@example.com) (NOTE: not open 4/15/16)
- Indiana Memorial Union: Mara Dahlgren (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Willkie Quad: Genevieve Labe (email@example.com)