The Office of Sorority and Fraternity Life (OSFL) is available to provide support to our four councils and 68 organizations as we prepare for the Fall 2020 semester and as we work to promote a safe return to campus. Information regarding recruitment updates, how to join sororities and fraternities, and links to council websites are available on our website.
Office of Sorority and Fraternity Life COVID-19 Updates
Sorority and Fraternity LifeIndiana Memorial Union Student Involvement Tower
IMU Suite 371
900 E. 7th Street
Bloomington, IN 47405
- Phone: 812-855-4311
- Fax: 812-855-3584
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Monroe County Health Department Regulations
The Monroe County Health Department has issued updated formal Public Health Regulations for Residential, Communal Living Facilities. These regulations are in effect as of September 15, 2020. These regulations “are intended and meant to provide helpful and uniform health guidance for these facilities, to reduce the likelihood that these facilities will experience concentrations of COVID-19 such that closure would be required, to prevent conditions likely to contribute to the spread of COVID-19 in Monroe County, and to protect the general public and public health in Monroe County.”
In partnership with the Monroe County Health Department, OSFL provided guidance, which includes recommendations regarding crisis management, facility arrangements, and cleaning, to those who own and operate the Greek housing facilities. In addition, OSFL requested that all housed Greek Organizations communicate and provide updates to students and family members regarding their plans for the Fall 2020 semester. Students, parents, and family members should contact the owner or operator of their chapter facility directly for information regarding these plans.
OSFL has also asked that Housed Greek Organizations do the following:
- Provide a list of students living in the facility, contact information for their house corporation board members, and contact information for employees to OSFL.
- Develop plans and expectations for residents experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 and who test positive or presumed positive for COVID-19. This includes plans for self-isolation and quarantine with a private room and private bath, as well as quarantining close contacts and other member(s) in the facility by providing them with a private room and private bath.
- Develop plans should the facility need to be locked down or is no longer habitable due to concerns of a potential outbreak.
- Develop plans if the House Director or other employee(s) are sick and unable to complete their duties.
- Communicate their plans regarding COVID-19 prevention, risk mitigation, and response with members, parents, and campus partners.
- Provide information regarding housing plans for the 2020-2021 academic year to OSFL.
- Develop internal policies, procedures, and accountability mechanisms for their members to help ensure they follow IU and public health guidance and organization policies.
Chapters Directed to Quarantine
- Alpha Epsilon Pi
- Beta Sigma Psi
- Delta Upsilon
- Phi Gamma Delta
- Phi Kappa Psi
- Pi Kappa Alpha
- Sigma Phi Epsilon
- Sigma Pi
- Zeta Beta Tau
To access the Virtual Resource Guide and Resources for Quarantined Students and Chapters, please visit our Community Resources page.