Peer Undergraduate Mentor Program
Become a Mentor
The peer mentor role is a valuable experience for college students. It is challenging and rewarding. For some it will last a year or two, for others it will chart new career objectives and lifelong personal change.
PUMP mentor candidates must satisfy the following requisites:
- A cumulative and rolling GPA of 2.5 or greater
- A class standing of sophomore or greater
- An interest in serving individuals with disabilities
As a PUMP mentor, you will be expected to:
- Attend weekly meetings with fellow mentors to plan and implement new programs and initiatives for PUMP
- Complete the PUMP mentor training course: EDUC-U495: Mentoring Students with Disabilities. An eight week course offered during the second eight weeks of each Fall semester
Apply to be a PUMP Mentor
To become a PUMP mentor, complete the mentor application below. Selected candidates will be interviewed by the DSS PUMP staff liaison.
For more information about being a PUMP Mentor, email PUMP@indiana.edu.