Testing Modifications for Placement Exams
If you are a new student and have not made your reservation for New Student Orientation, do so at FYE.indiana.edu before submitting your test modification request.
If you have a diagnosed disability that affects your performance on timed tests, and you receive testing modifications at your current school or have recieved extended time on your SAT or ACT exam, you may request testing modifications for placement exams taken as part of New Student Orientation.
- Math (Taken prior to NSO, online)
- Foreign Language (Taken prior to NSO, online)
Request Testing Modifications
In order to be approved for extended testing, a student must submit a request and provide verifciation of prior extended test time. Two weeks advance notifications is needed to guarantee testing accommodations.
The request must include:
- A copy of the SAT or ACT extended time approval OR
- Verification from your High School counselor or disability service office at a prior secondary institution. The letter must include:
- Student's full name and date of birth
- Type of disability and specific modifications received in the past academic year
- Name and signature of verifying official
- Professional title and school name
- Phone number and email address of verifying official
- Confirmation of approved modifications will be sent to your IU email address.
Confirmation of approved modifications will be sent to your IU email address.
Submit A Request
If you have questions or need to request modifications other than extended time, please contact our office.