Showers Holland Fellowship
The Beryl Showers Holland Fellowship is provided by Kappa Kappa Kappa, Inc. The award is based on:
- Excellence in an academic field and promise in graduate or professional study.
- Community or campus service; e.g., leadership activities, volunteer work.
This award is given each year to an Indiana Resident senior student for graduate study.
The first place award is $2,500, and one or more awards for second place at $1,500 each.
Applicants must be seniors who will graduate in May or August, 2017 from the IU Bloomington campus and plan to enter graduate or professional school in the Fall Semester of 2017. Applicants may not exceed 30 hours at another institution or regional campus.
Preference will be given to students with a 3.75 GPA or higher. However, students with a 3.74 or lower are welcome to apply, especially if they have had unusual leadership or work activities.
To apply for a Beryl Showers Holland Fellowship (or Susan Butler Award and Clara Jovan Goodbody Award), candidates must:
- Complete the online application.
- Submit a brief (one page) statement about his/her educational background, interests, and short- and long-range goals.
- Submit a descriptive resume which includes honors, academics, extra-curricular activities, and campus and community service.
- Submit a descriptive budget of income and expenses for graduate school, or other post-undergraduate experiences.
- Provide contact information for 3 recommenders. Recommenders will be contacted to write a letter addressing the candidates's academic success, character, and student leadership on campus or in the community. IU faculty, administrators, and employers are preferred recommenders.
The deadline for application and recommendation submissions is Friday, February 10, 2017.
The Tri Kappa selection committee will interview finalists on Saturday, March 25 in the Indiana Memorial Union.
If you have questions regarding the scholarship or the application process, please contact:
Sara Ivey Lucas, Assistant Dean of Students
Tel: (812) 855-8187