Scholarships and Awards
McKaig Leadership Award
The Dean Richard McKaig Leadership Award is used to support undergraduate and graduate student leadership activities at IUB. Funds are awarded to individuals or organizations in both the spring and fall semesters.
Applicants must be a registered student organization, or a member of a registered student organization, and have a valid Student Organization Account (SOA).
Organizations or individuals who have received the award in the last three years are not eligible to apply.
Requests will be accepted for awards up to $1000.
Executive Summary (1 page)
The executive summary must describe what the leadership activity is, who is involved, and provide a timeframe for the project. What are you asking for and what are you going to do with the funds received?
Program Description and Need Statement (no more than 2 pages)
Clearly state your goals, objectives, related activities, outcomes for participants, and evaluation procedures.
- How will this activity or program impact the university?
- Are participants or groups funded able to bring back to campus what is learned?
It is important to include an explanation/justification of why funds are necessary and the value of the program.
You must include a line item budget with your application. Please explain how much money is being requested and how it will it be spent. If the money is being supplemented from other sources, please include a brief history/purpose of the organization providing the funding.
Letters of Recommendation
Please provide two letters of support for your request.
How to Apply
Gather the documents described above and submit your materials using our online form.
Applications for the spring semester Richard N. McKaig Leadership Awards open Friday, January 18, 2019. The deadline for the 2019 spring semester awards is Friday, March 8, 2019. Award recipients will be announced on Friday, March 22, 2019.
Dean Richard McKaig Leadership Fund Recipients
Below is a list of the recent recipients of the McKaig Leadership award. These organizations are not eligible for submission during the 2017-2018 academic year.
• Audio Engineering Society at Indiana University
• Books and Beyond
• Classical Connections
• Global Human Rights Brigade
• Healthcare Management and Policy Student Association
• Hutton Honors Council Association
• Kelley Student Diversity Council
• Minority Association of Pre-Medical Students
• Multi-Cultural Greek Council/National Panhellenic Council
• Muslim Student Association
• Net Impact
• Non-Profit Leadership Alliance
• Phi Delta Theta Philanthropy – IFC
• Play for Jake IU
• Psi Chapter of Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority Inc.
• Raas Royalty National Dance Competition
• Society for the Advancement of Chicanos/Latinos and Native Americans in Science
• Vietnamese Interacting as One