Scholarships and Awards
Kenneth R. R. Gros Louis Scholarship
The Kenneth R. R. Gros Louis Scholarship is awarded each spring to a single student. Selection will be based upon demonstrated academic excellence, leadership in student activities on the IU Bloomington campus, and a distinguished record of service as a good university citizen.
To apply for a Kenneth R. R. Gros Louis Scholarship, candidates must:
- Have junior class standing during the current academic year.
- Have a 3.8 or higher cumulative GPA.
- Complete the online application.
- Submit a brief (one page) statement about your educational background, interests, and short- and long-range goals.
- Submit a descriptive resume which includes honors, academics, extra-curricular activities, and campus and community service.
- Provide contact information for 3 recommenders. IU faculty, administrative staff, and employers are preferred as recommenders. Letters should address the candidate's academic success, student leadership on campus, service to the IU, regional, or national community. Recommenders will be contacted by the Vice Provost for Student Affairs office with information about how to submit recommendation online.
The deadline for application and recommendation submissions for the 2019 Kenneth R. R. Gros Louis Scholarship is February 1, 2019.
If you have questions regarding the scholarship or the application process, please contact:
Sara Ivey Lucas, Assistant Dean of Students
Tel: (812) 855-8187