Butler and Goodbody Awards
The recipients of the Susan Butler Award and Clara Jovan Goodbody Award are selected based on the online application submission.
- Susan Butler Award is given to a graduating senior woman for outstanding scholarship and character.
- Clara Jovan Goodbody Award is given to a graduating senior woman for use in pursuing graduate study.
These awards are restricted to women, but are not limited to Indiana residents. However, you must be a U.S. citizen.
Each award is $3,000.
Applicants must be seniors who will graduate in May or August, 2017 from the IU Bloomington campus. Applicants may not exceed 30 hours at another institution or regional campus. Goodbody Award applicants must be planning to enter graduate or professional school in the Fall semester 2017.
Preference will be given to students with a 3.75 GPA or higher. However, students with a 3.74 or lower are welcome to apply, especially if they have had unusual leadership or work activities.
To apply for the Susan Butler Award or Clara Jovan Goodbody Award (or Beryl Showers Holland Fellowship), candidates must:
- Complete the online application.
- Submit a brief (one page) statement about her educational background, interests, and short- and long-range goals.
- Submit a descriptive resume which includes honors, academics, extra-curricular activities, and campus and community service.
- Submit a descriptive budget of income and expenses for graduate school, or other post-undergraduate experiences.
- Provide contact information for 3 recommenders. Recommenders will be contacted to write a letter addressing the candidates's academic success, character, and student leadership on campus or in the community. IU faculty, administrators, and employers are preferred recommenders.
The deadline for application and recommendation submissions is Friday, February 10, 2017.
If you have questions regarding the scholarship or the application process, please contact:
Sara Ivey Lucas, Assistant Dean of Students
Tel: (812) 855-8187