Join Our Team
There has never been a more exciting time to join IU's Division of Student Affairs.
Student Affairs recently welcomed Dave O’Guinn as the new Vice Provost for Student Affairs and Dean of Students, and now we’re right-sizing the Division to meet the needs of today's student.
We are looking for people to join our team.
We know the ability to do good work begins with having the right people in the right places, so we are adding four new positions and elevating one position in the Division.
If you are passionate about student service and helping every student succeed, join us. We offer:
- Supportive Environment - The Provost is aware of the work we do for and with students and wants us to be successful. She supports our strategic right-sizing and cares about the Division's stability for staff and students.
- Dynamic Team - The Division of Student Affairs is composed of talented people who strive to anticipate and meet student needs so each student can achieve their individual academic goals. As colleagues on this large campus, we work to get out and partner with each other to create a seamless experience for students.
- Commitment to Academic Success - We support IU's academic mission by providing outstanding experiences outside the classroom in co-curricular settings and by providing social support services on campus.
- Meaningful Traditions - IU and the Division have some historic traditions that make it a fun and engaging place to work. Little 500, IU Basketball, and a very engaged sorority and fraternity community just to name a few. We believe that student and staff well-being is paramount to keeping those traditions vibrant.
- Data-Information Decisions - We push the envelope for data-informed best practices. We collect and analyze data to make informed decisions about our services and programs and to provide the best student experience possible to today's and tomorrow's student.
Associate Vice Provost for Student Affairs
This new position is responsible for the leadership of and for overseeing the day to day operations of the two Associate Deans and the two Assistant Deans and their respective areas. This includes the areas of Student Conduct, Student Life and Learning, Sorority and Fraternity Life, Legal Services, Disability Services, Veteran’s Services, and overseeing programs like the division CARE team, the bias response process, and the on-call process. The Associate Vice Provost for Student Affairs will serve as the second in command for the Division of Student Affairs. An ideal start date of January 1, 2019.
This position is currently posted, with an application priority deadline of September 17, 2018. The job posting will remain open until the position is filled.
Associate Dean of Students, Student Life and Learning
Previously an Assistant Dean position, this person will oversee the co-curricular experiences of students related to Sorority and Fraternity Life, Student Organizations, Community Engagement and Student Leadership.
Director of Operations and Strategic Initiatives
This position will oversee the divisional goals, strategic plans and annual reports related to items like student service counts, student learning outcomes, and staff evaluations and engagement. They will work closely with Division deans and directors to develop plans for each area and will work closely with the Vice Provost of Student Affairs and the Provost to ensure the Division’s aim is consistent with the Provost’s and President’s strategic plan.
Associate Director of Student Organizations and Community Engagement
The Associate Director of Student Organizations and Community Engagement is responsible for overseeing these two major areas in Student Life and Learning, and will report to the Associate Dean of SLL. This position directly supervises 1-2 Assistant Directors (1 Assistant Director of Community Engagement, and we are in the process of trying to create an Assistant Director of Orgs), as well as 2 graduate students who work in the area of Student Orgs. IU is home to nearly 800 student organizations, and partners with non-profit organizations throughout the Bloomington community. Feel free to email Libby Spotts with questions.