Join Our Team
There has never been a more exciting time to join IU's Division of Student Affairs.
Student Affairs recently welcomed Dave O’Guinn as the new Vice Provost for Student Affairs and Dean of Students, and now we’re right-sizing the Division to meet the needs of today's student.
We are looking for people to join our team.
We know the ability to do good work begins with having the right people in the right places, so we are adding four new positions and elevating one position in the Division.
If you are passionate about student service and helping every student succeed, join us. We offer:
- Supportive Environment - The Provost is aware of the work we do for and with students and wants us to be successful. She supports our strategic right-sizing and cares about the Division's stability for staff and students.
- Dynamic Team - The Division of Student Affairs is composed of talented people who strive to anticipate and meet student needs so each student can achieve their individual academic goals. As colleagues on this large campus, we work to get out and partner with each other to create a seamless experience for students.
- Commitment to Academic Success - We support IU's academic mission by providing outstanding experiences outside the classroom in co-curricular settings and by providing social support services on campus.
- Meaningful Traditions - IU and the Division have some historic traditions that make it a fun and engaging place to work. Little 500, IU Basketball, and a very engaged sorority and fraternity community just to name a few. We believe that student and staff well-being is paramount to keeping those traditions vibrant.
- Data-Information Decisions - We push the envelope for data-informed best practices. We collect and analyze data to make informed decisions about our services and programs and to provide the best student experience possible to today's and tomorrow's student.
Associate Vice Provost
This new position is responsible for the leadership of and for overseeing the day to day operations of the two Associate Deans and the two Assistant Deans and their respective areas. This includes the areas of Student Conduct, Student Life and Learning, Sorority and Fraternity Life, Legal Services, Disability Services, Veteran’s Services, and overseeing programs like the division CARE team, the bias response process, and the on-call process.
This position will be posting on August 1 with an ideal start date of January 1, 2019.
Associate Dean of Students, Student Life and Learning
Previously an Assistant Dean position, this person will oversee the co-curricular experiences of students related to Sorority and Fraternity Life, Student Organizations, Community Engagement and Student Leadership.
Assistant Dean of Sorority and Fraternity Life
This new position will be dedicated to leading and overseeing SFL at Indiana University. IU is home to 71 chapters from National Pan-Hellenic Association, Panhellenic Association, Multi-Cultural Greek Association, and from Inter-Fraternal Council.
The Assistant Dean of Sorority and Fraternity Life has been filled. We are so very excited to share that Dr. Zach Shirley has accepted this position and is joining the team in July.
Assistant Dean of Student Concern and Student Services
This new position will serve on the Division’s leadership team and will oversee three departments in the Division – Veteran Student Services, Disability Student Services, and Student Legal Services. They will serve on the Division CARE team and will coordinate responses to student concerns.
Director of Strategic Planning and Operations
This position will oversee the divisional goals, strategic plans and annual reports related to items like student service counts, student learning outcomes, and staff evaluations and engagement. They will work closely with Division deans and directors to develop plans for each area and will work closely with the Vice Provost of Student Affairs and the Provost to ensure the Division’s aim is consistent with the Provost’s and President’s strategic plan.